The internet is amazing isn’t it? The things we can do online these days would blow the minds of our ancestors. From Amazon to Google and PetFinder to Pandora, we’re really living in an incredible age. But what we’ve heard the most rumbles about lately is the new online grocery shopping trend. Have you tried it yet? The majority of the grocery stores in our area are offering this new option. We’ve got our list of the pros and cons of these services. And as we mentioned in the title, we’ve also got the icing on the cake.
Online Grocery Ordering Pros
You know that awkward feeling of passing the same person aisle after aisle all through the grocery store? You won’t have that with online ordering! Here are a few more pros:
- You compile your order from the comfort of your own home. Think warm robe and fuzzy bunny slippers. You couldn’t wear that to the store!
- You’ll save time. Once you compile the initial list, ordering gets easier and quicker every week. No hour-long trips through the market.
- You’ll avoid crowds and long checkout lines — both big wins.
- You don’t have to unbuckle the kids and haul them into the store. Most online shopping services offer drive through pick up where staff load the bags directly into your car. If your child’s napping, you can enjoy a few more minutes of quiet.
Online Grocery Shopping Cons
Those pros carry a lot of weight with those of us around here, but there are a few cons we feel we have to mention:
- The stores or third-party services do charge a fee. Most are not astronomical, but it is something to factor into your budget.
- You’ll have to invest a fair amount of time if you have a big initial order. It will speed up future trips, but plan on a longer time commitment the first time around.
- You don’t get to select your own meat or produce.
- You still have to pick up, unload and put away your groceries, so it doesn’t completely alleviate the annoyance of grocery shopping.
And Now for the Icing …
Errand Works can wipe that last con right off the list. Place your online shopping order with Harris Teeter, and let us take it from there! We will pick up your groceries, haul them into the house and unpack them. We’ll put cold items where they belong, organize pantry items into groups on the counter, fold your bags and leave the receipt on the counter. You don’t even have to be there, if you don’t want to be. You can trust our licensed, bonded, insured, background-checked personal assistants. You don’t shop at Harris Teeter? No worries! We’ll do all the shopping for you the old fashioned way. Just give us a list, and off we go. Then we’ll head back to your home or office and put them all neatly away.
We told you we could ice that online grocery shopping cake!
Imagine really eliminating the weekly grocery trips. How much time would this save you? And studies show that paying for time-saving services enhances quality of life and happiness. Call Errand Works today to have one of our personal assistants handle your groceries!
And while you’re at it, take a peek at all the other ways Errand Works’ personal assistants can save you time. It’s easy to see why we’re Northern Virginia’s preferred personal assistant service!
Errand Works, LLC is a licensed, bonded and insured personal assistance company dedicated to improving quality of life for professionals, caregivers and other busy individuals. Every personal assistant must pass a Virginia State Criminal Background Check prior to being hired. In addition, each personal assistant is a Virginia State Notary. Errand Works currently serves Prince William County, Fauquier County, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Manassas and the surrounding areas.