Here at Errand Works, we value each veteran in our community. Your honorable service and sacrifice means more to us than you could know. We also realize that your service didn’t come without a price. Many veterans now live with post-traumatic stress disorder and other challenges.
What Is PTSD?
Post-traumatic stress disorder is a condition that can affect anyone who has suffered trauma in their lifetime. It is most commonly associated with members of our military and veterans. Those with PTSD live with intense, disturbing thoughts and feelings connected to their traumatic experience. These feelings go on long after the event occurs. Many people experience flashbacks, nightmares, depression, fear, anger, detachment, estrangement and more. Their PTSD symptoms can be set off by loud noises or situations that remind them of the event, and these unpredictable reactions often trigger a desire to socially withdraw.
Errand Works Wants to Help
To those in Northern Virginia suffering from PTSD or other service-connected disorders, we want you to know we are here to support you. We understand your unique needs and offer tailored services to help you manage your day-to-day tasks in a manner that’s comfortable for you.
Here are just a few of the services our personal assistants can provide:
- Appointment companions. To ease anxiety and to help with remembering details, Errand Works employees can drive you to appointments and stay with you for the duration. It takes a lot of pressure off when you have someone to help you through the piles of paperwork and information.
- Grocery shopping. Sometimes being in crowded places is just too much. Errand Works can shop for you or pick up online grocery orders, deliver groceries to your home and even unpack. Can you feel the stress lifting?
- General errands. You name it, we can do it. Dry cleaning and prescription drop-off and pick-up, document delivery, library book check-out and return, holiday shopping, special event errands — it’s really up to you. We know many veterans prefer not to drive. Instead, give us the orders, and we’ll carry them out! We’re here to simplify your life.
- Notary services. Veterans, if you need something notarized, we’ll come to you. No need to battle crowds or search for a ride. We make it easy.
- Pet care. If your pets are due for shots or grooming, Errand Works can help out with that, too. No more worries about how to keep your furry companions cared for — we’ve got you covered.
We will forever be grateful for your service, and it would be our pleasure to serve you now. Give us a call to discuss your needs. Together, we will set up a plan tailored just for you. Happy Veterans Day!
Errand Works, LLC is a licensed, bonded and insured personal assistance company dedicated to improving quality of life for professionals, caregivers and other busy individuals. Every personal assistant must pass a Virginia State Criminal Background Check prior to being hired. In addition, each personal assistant is a Virginia State Notary. Errand Works currently serves Prince William County, Fauquier County, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Manassas and the surrounding areas.