Whether you’re a working sandwich generation parent, a new grad climbing the ladder of success or a stay-at-home parent, we’re willing to bet you could use more time. Are we right? Of course we’re right! We’re all struggling to squeeze more out of those 24 hours that end before we can tackle half of our to-do list!
Everyone gets the same hours in a day, so how can we win some back? By living life smarter. Smarter involves organization, outsourcing and focused productivity. Put the power of those three things to work for you, and you’ll feel like you’ve added hours to each day.
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again: The way to a calmer, more efficient life that doesn’t leave you frazzled at the end of every day is getting organized — everything in its place and a plan for every day.
- Choose a calendar system and USE it. Schedule a weekly planning meeting with yourself to review the upcoming week and map out when you will tackle everything.
- Create menus and prioritize meal prep. Plan to shop just once, maybe twice, a week — no more daily trips to the store eating up your time.
- Get your environment organized to save time looking for everything from laundry to office supplies.
There are always ways to be more productive and use your time more efficiently. Here are some biggies:
- Follow set times for checking email and social media, so you don’t find yourself sucked into the Facebook black hole, emerging an hour later.
- Prioritize your to-do list. Instead of a list of endless tasks, separate it into sections. Create one for everything you must do today and ones it would be nice to check off. Tackle the big, immediate ones first.
- Start a meditation practice. Just 10 minutes a day can help you improve your focus. There are countless apps and videos to get you started.
This sounds like something only big corporations do, but it isn’t. Everyone from busy moms to bachelors is learning to improve their quality of life by outsourcing some tasks. Here are some services you could invest in to win back your time.
- Cleaning services – How many hours a week do you spend cleaning your home? What else could you be doing instead? You could hire a company to take care of this dreaded task for you.
- Laundry service – Many laundromats will charge you by the pound to wash, dry and fold your laundry. Errand works can drop it off and pick it up for you! Mt. Laundry, conquered!
- Dog grooming – Don’t feel like wrestling Fido in the tub this time? Try a groomer. Errand Works personal assistants can even help you get him to and from.
- Auto care services – Get back hours each month by having someone else detail your car. Have them come to you, or hire Errand Works to drive it back and forth for you while you tackle other important tasks.
- Grocery shopping – Errand Works can do your grocery shopping for you and deliver and unpack items, too! Want an even more affordable option? Use online grocery ordering and just have us pick them up!
- General errands – If you spend your Saturdays running from place to place, make a list of your weekly errands and hire one of our personal assistants to get them done. What do you REALLY want to do this Saturday?
With a little organization, outsourcing and focus on productivity, you’ll be winning back hours each week in no time. Give us a call to help you today.
Errand Works, LLC, is a licensed, bonded and insured personal assistance company. Every personal assistant must pass a Virginia State Criminal Background Check prior to being hired. In addition, each errand runner is a Virginia State Notary. Errand Works currently serves Prince William County, Fauquier County, Fairfax County, Loudoun County and the surrounding areas.