There are few people in life we cherish more than the seniors in our lives who have been there for us through it all. They nurtured us as we grew and stumbled through life, and as the years pass on, roles often reverse. If you are caring for a senior loved one such as a parent, an aunt, grandparent, family friend or even a neighbor, Errand Works is here to support you.
For most of us, our goal is to keep our elderly family members in their homes or ours for as long as possible. You can have greater peace of mind when you’re the one providing care. But sometimes, caregiving roles can be very difficult to juggle. While you may have help from friends and family, you may find you need a little bit more.
Special Challenges Seniors Face
At any age, we have challenges, but seniors sometimes have specific challenges that you as a caregiver try to help them overcome every day. Seniors often have to deal with:
- Inability to drive
- Anxiety when going places outside the home
- Physical restrictions
- Inability to take care of everyday tasks
How Can Errand Works Help?
There are a variety of ways we can help you care for your loved ones. Here are just a few:
- Accompany to appointments. Sometimes our favorite seniors get a little overwhelmed leaving the comfort zone of their homes. If you can’t stay with your loved one for the duration of an appointment, we can! Our friendly, compassionate employees are easy to be around and can provide a calming companion during appointments, as well as fill out paperwork. And we can drive them to and from to make it even easier.
- Shop for groceries. When you’re busy, it can be hard to keep your own pantry stocked, let alone the pantry of another! Let us do the weekly grocery shopping for the senior you care for. We follow your list, bring everything in and unpack. We will also provide this service to seniors in assisted living facilities. It couldn’t be simpler to check this item off your list!
- Spend quality time. If your loved one cannot be left alone and you have something to attend to, call us! We provide friendly visitation to keep seniors safe and comfortable. Errand Works performs Virginia state criminal background checks on all employees, and they are all bonded and insured, as well. We employ quality folks that you can depend upon.
- Make special deliveries. If Mom has been feeling a little down and you’re wishing you could be with her, or if it’s Dad’s birthday and you have to work most of the day, call us. We’ll pick up flowers, a bakery treat or any other meaningful item and deliver it to them while you are away. Planning a big bash for Aunt Gertrude’s 85th birthday? We can help you get ready for that, too! Errand Works employees can pick up cakes and prepared food, decorations and more. We love to help make a senior’s day brighter.
- Run general errands. If you or your senior family member need any errands run, whether they are on our list or not, give us a call. Our online list is not exhaustive. We can drop off and pick up prescriptions, deliver important documents, provide notary services and more. Errand Works exists to make your life simpler and more manageable.
It couldn’t be easier to get started. Give us a call at 703.881.1599 or fill out the questions on our contact page. From one-time errands to a complete errand management system, we’ve got you covered.
-Jennifer Wellington, Owner, Errand Works
After two decades of owning a medical transcription business, overseeing the household while her husband was deployed and managing the care of their special needs daughter, including hiring, training and scheduling multiple caregivers, Jennifer became aware of skills she had developed which would benefit others.
Jennifer has lived in Nokesville for over 20 years with her husband, Kurt, who is retired from the Coast Guard and in his 11th year of teaching middle school science in Prince William County. Their special-needs daughter, Katie, who is 28 years old, continues to live with them, with the help of several caregivers. Church and family are very important to them, as is reaching out to others.