Can you believe that Christmas is almost here? Gone are the days as kids when it seemed like years in between holidays; now it seems more like a few weeks! If you’re hosting family and friends this year, get ready to make it your best Christmas yet.
Tips for Hosting
We bet you already have your list of to-dos ready if you will be hosting this year. If not, take a moment to envision the perfect holiday. What touches your senses? Stunning decorations, warm, spicy scents, tasty meals and treats? You can make it happen. Here’s what you need to do for a seamless, joyful holiday!
- Focus on the guestroom and bath. Wash and dry fresh linens to make the beds and towels for the bathroom. Make sure there is plenty of open space for guests to store their belongings. And for an extra special touch, place a little greenery and berry arrangement on the bedside table or trinkets on the pillows.
- Plan for the table. Meals will likely be one of your most joyous times, filled with great conversation. Plan all of your meals out ahead of time — from breakfast to dinner. You don’t want to be scrambling for ideas or ingredients while you have guests to enjoy. If you get everything ahead of time, you’ll be less stressed and better able to enjoy your time with your loved ones. Do your best to remain on schedule with meals, also setting out snacks, drinks and appetizers when needed. And don’t be shy about asking guests to bring a bottle of wine, dessert or appetizer to contribute!
- Prepare throughout the house. With as much hustle and bustle, gifts and people as the holidays bring, you’ll want to have as much space available as you can. Plan to declutter your home, or at least the main rooms, before you host your guests. Give them a fresh, clutter-free space to retreat to, as well.
- Be ready to keep them busy. If you have guests staying for several days, it’s a good idea to plan some activities. While you don’t need to schedule every moment, it’s nice to have things to do together. Perhaps there is an ice skating rink nearby, a lights tour to enjoy or a holiday performance you could attend. And never underestimate the fun that game nights can bring!
- Delight their senses. Simmer some potpourri or use that pumpkin pie candle you’ve been saving for a special occasion. Plan a night around the fire pit with blankets and marshmallows. Sing carols together. Bake decadent snacks and desserts. Activate their senses for a warm, memorable holiday.
Help Is Available
If the preparation feels overwhelming, reach out for some help. Errand Works personal assistants can help you:
- Declutter your home before guests arrive
- Purchase, deliver and put away groceries
- Decorate your home for the holidays
- Run day-to-day errands to free up more time for your holiday tasks
- Handle some personal shopping
- And more
Give us a call to discuss how we can help you prepare. Happy Holidays from Errand Works!
Errand Works, LLC is a licensed, bonded and insured personal assistance company dedicated to improving quality of life for professionals, caregivers and other busy individuals. Every personal assistant must pass a Virginia State Criminal Background Check prior to being hired. In addition, each personal assistant is a Virginia State Notary. Errand Works currently serves Prince William County, Fauquier County, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Manassas and the surrounding areas.