How often do you plan time to simply goof off? When was the last time you allowed yourself that freedom? If you’re like most folks, it’s been a while. As we get older, we tend to think that play is for the kids — just a guilty pleasure — and we have to act like grownups. Yes. We do have to adult most of the time, but there is plenty of adult-friendly play to be had!
Why Do I Need to Play?
While we aren’t twisting your arm and forcing you to play, we are highly encouraging it. Here’s why. Did you know that making time to play has some excellent health benefits? It does! So while you’re having a great time, you’ll also be providing your body, mind and spirit with fantastic benefits:
- Stress relief
- Improved relationships
- Boosted creativity and productivity
- Increased happiness/decreased depression
And we didn’t even mention how studies say it can keep you young! (Are you running outdoors to play yet?) Maybe not, because sadly many of us adults have forgotten what it’s like. We can help you get started.
Ideas for Play
If you’re ready to reap some of those benefits listed above, here a few great ways to start!
- Art classes – Sign up for a painting, drawing or sculpting class and explore a new medium!
- Music – Take up a new instrument and see where it leads you!
- Play games – Good old fashioned family board games can bring out the inner kid in you in no time. A little Twister, Clue or Scattergories, anyone?
- Write – You don’t have to write the next great American novel. Try journaling and see where the pen takes you.
- Travel – Open your mind and explore new places.
- Create something – Pull out LEGOs, building blocks, puzzles, knitting or sewing needles, woodworking tools or anything else that will allow you to create and your creativity to run wild.
- Play with kids – If you really don’t know where to start, find a kiddo to hang out with and let them lead the way!
“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
Are you saying you don’t have time? Make time! That’s where we can help. Turn your everyday errands that are taking up your valuable time over to us. You’ll be amazed at the hours you can free up with our personal assistant services! Skip the grocery store and take a drawing class instead. Hand off your car care, and plan a games night with friends. The benefits you’ll reap will be so worth the investment in yourself. Ready to get started? Call us today! Then call a friend and make some plans, or carve out some solo time. New clients who call Errand Works before May 15th will receive their first hour of service FREE.
Errand Works, LLC is a licensed, bonded and insured personal assistance company dedicated to improving quality of life for professionals, caregivers and other busy individuals. Every personal assistant must pass a Virginia State Criminal Background Check prior to being hired. In addition, each personal assistant is a Virginia State Notary. Errand Works currently serves Prince William County and the surrounding areas. Call today to schedule your appointment! You’ll get one hour of service free! (703) 881-1599