Here at Errand Works, service members and veterans are close to our hearts. It takes special people to sacrifice for the freedoms we enjoy every day. We recognize this, and so Errand Works supports veterans and their families however we can.
Did you know that after returning from service, it’s very common for veterans to be unable to drive? Traumatic brain injuries, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder are three of the most common challenges facing our veterans. These disorders often have long roads to recovery.
Traumatic brain injury can affect every aspect of someone’s life – from their ability to follow the steps needed to get ready for each day to performing a job…and driving. The same goes for those diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety. You never know when something may trigger an attack. Imagine how dangerous it could be if the individual was behind the wheel of a car when one occurred.
For all that our veterans have sacrificed and done to ensure our country’s safety, Errand Works offers supportive services to help make everyday life simpler and less stressful for them. Here are just a few of the tasks we can assist with:
- Appointment companions. To ease anxiety and to help with remembering details, Errand Works employees can drive veterans to appointments and stay with them for the duration. It takes a lot of pressure off when you have someone to help you through the piles of paperwork and information.
- Grocery shopping. Sometimes being in crowded places is just too much. Errand Works can tackle busy grocery stores, deliver groceries to the veteran’s home and even unpack. No need for this stress!
- General errands. You name it, we can do it. Dry cleaning and prescription drop-off and pick-up, document delivery, library book check-out and return, holiday shopping, special event errands — the sky’s the limit at Errand Works. If you are a veteran, don’t let your to-do list stress you out because you don’t drive. You give us the orders, and we’ll carry them out! We’re here to make life easier and less stressful.
- Notary services. Veterans, if you need something notarized, we’ll come to you. No need to battle crowds or search for a ride. It couldn’t be easier.
- Pet care. If Spike or Fluffy are due for shots or grooming, Errand Works can help out. No more worries about how to keep your furry companions cared for — we’ve got you covered.
- Meal delivery. We can even deliver meals or snacks, hot and ready to your home.
Serving our veterans isn’t just a business at Errand Works. It’s a passion. If you or someone you care about has a need on this list or not on this list, call us today. We’ll discuss all of the ways in which we can help. To our veterans, we salute you!
After two decades of owning a medical transcription business, overseeing the household while her husband was deployed and managing the care of their special needs daughter, including hiring, training and scheduling multiple caregivers, Jennifer became aware of skills she had developed which would benefit others.
Jennifer has lived in Nokesville for over 20 years with her husband, Kurt, who is retired from the Coast Guard and in his 11th year of teaching middle school science in Prince William County. Their special-needs daughter, Katie, who is 28 years old, continues to live with them, with the help of several caregivers. Church and family are very important to them, as is reaching out to others.